|CALIFORNIA: The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a
nature trail. A coyote jumps out, bites the Governor and attacks his dog.1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie “Bambi” and
then realizes he should stop; the coyote is only doing what is natural.
2. He calls Animal Control. Animal Control captures coyote and bills the
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the
4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for
5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts
6. The Governor spends $5 million in state funds implementing a “coyote
7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better treat
8. The Governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the attack
9. Additional cost to State of California: $75,000 to hire and train a new
10. PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files suit against the State
ARIZONA : The Governor of Arizona is jogging with her dog along a nature
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with her state-issued pistol and keeps
2. The buzzards eat the dead coyote.
And that, my friends, is why California is broke.